Sunday, September 23, 2007

Day 13: Mi Luna

A sharp pain in my abdomen, cold sweats and shaking, a desire to throw up from the pain. I rehydrate, drink tequila with potato chips (and hot sauce), take deep breaths, and watch Apocalypto. Soon five people turn into twenty, my head is spinning, I am eating delicious food, and surrounded by the most beautiful, generous family I have ever witnessed.

What happened? A mixture of recovering from a night of partying, having cramps, and hanging out with Paulo's family on a Saturday afternoon. The remainder of the night involved walking around the city center, hearing beautiful music, seeing radiant colors, and trying to breathe enough to take it all in without letting the pain envelope me.

2 comments:

Johanna said...

Just wanted to say hi. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Johanna

Bri said...

ABBY!!!! Oh how I miss u so! Your trip sounds amazing and full of tequila! I wish I was there to watch those beautiful sunsets! Have a blast and enjoy all the beauty Mexico has to offer, but dont ever forget about us at the swan! Stay in touch lil lady. And God bless. ADIOS CHICA
LOVE Brianna