Monday, September 24, 2007

Day 14: Sunday in the center

Today Queretaro smells like corn tortillas.

I see more happy families in the town center today than I have ever seen at an American zoo, theme park, or parade. Reasoning? I don't know. Maybe it's the size of homes, the dependency or tradition of living with parents until your 27, or simply the culture. Whatever it is, it's beautiful. The children are another beautiful thing. From my observation, they whine less, cry less, and are cute for far longer. Also beautiful? Public transport. Everyone rides the bus, not just those who can't afford to drive. The longest I have had to wait for a bus is 5-10 minutes.

We finished the night watching "the little princess," one of both mine and Paulo's favorites. how wonderful!!!

1 comment:

J-lo said...

Tortillas ehhh? I guess better than sewers or horse manure.

It's wonderful to hear how much love and joy is in the air and the fact that even though most may be living in poverty they still remain upbeat and happy. I think you should maybe write a paper on the why it is the children in Mexico and Latin America in general are less of whiners and criers than those here.

Keep at it! I love the blog.

Miss ya princess.