Friday, February 15, 2008

Not sure I ever left

I made it. The funny thing is I really didn´t have to leave the country to find sunshine. There was some in detroit! Miami was strangely cloudy, but Cancun was lovely and after two flights and a 19hr bus ride later I stumbled into Andrea´s arms and there was sunshine there (in San Cristobal) too!

Wednesday was spent resting and partying (obviously). Shortly before I arrived Andrea scored a sweet place to stay...for free. So we have a room, with a bed. The rest of the house is basically a small cement courtyard, perfect for laying in the sun to recover from a hang over (I forgot about that whole altitude thing, whoa). So, the recovering..well that was thursday. And today we went to the garden outside of the city, I spent 5 hours watering vegetables and then chowed down at the organic vegetarian restaurant. Pretty sweet.

It´s much warmer here than it was back in December, and although my spanish is worse than before, it feels good to be back. I´ve heard back from both of the places I applied at, and although it´s wierd to think about working it´s nice to be doing something while I play the waiting game.

No comments: