Thursday, February 21, 2008

Breathing in the warmth of love

Learning to love all over again. Mexico is filled with it. Not the kind that leaves you wondering what you should say or if your feelings are valid and reciprocated. Realizing it is okay to love simply because it feels right. I started reading, maybe for the first real time in my life. I found new perspective, patience, and love. So now I speak to my heart. It loves me, openly, honestly, and unconditionally.

My emotions are wild here. As inconsistant as Michigan winters. I go from glowing to melancholy in seconds. But I am learning to accept myself for all my beauty and flaws. I am an emotionally intense 24 year old, and know now that I´m stuck with me. My birthday is approaching sooner than desired. The first one in ever that I do not look forward to. Maybe it´s the lack of camp friedenswald, but more probable is the fact that it´s 25. I look back at the last 5 years and want, no beg, for it to slow down.

I´ve been here for over a week and have done little. It´s been nice. Last night we stood in our courtyard watching the entire eclipse. Magnificent. A good portion of my time has been spent resting and relaxing. My nasty case of strep throat is nearly gone, thank God for ass injections (ouch). So now we prepare to depart San Cristobal and head to Nicaragua. I realize this is the reason I ventured down here at all, but I have grown very fond of our place here. Change and I have a very strange relationship. It always treats me well, but sometimes comfort is hard to leave.

I am so glad I made the quick, slightly rediculous decision to come down here. Sometimes craziness really does come in handy.

No comments: