Monday, November 5, 2007

Day 56: Mazunte Beach

An 8 1/2 bus ride from Oaxaca to Pochutla and I barely manage to wake up enough to stumble off the bus. It is 7:30 in the morning. We gather our belongings and continue on foot to find a camioneta (refurbished pick up truck) to finish our journey to the Mazunte beach.

The beach here is beautiful, with restaurant/bars 50ft from the shore and rocks big enough to keep you from voyaging too far down the beach. The waves are vicious and make me think twice before entering, but they are so captivating that I can not keep from staring, and when the heat hits me I jump out of my sandals, throw off my sarong and go running into her beautiful waves. It is very calm here, the village hardly even a village, just one street with a few convenience type stores and restaurants.

The restaurant/bars near the shore all act as hostels as well, offering hammocks, tents or rooms. The room we are currently staying in is a loft, with a palmetto roof and mosquito netting covering the bed. However, soon I will find myself a lovely hammock over looking the ocean.

I find it difficult even now, after 2 months of traveling to relax. To know that it is okay to simply be. However, I know it is here, where this fish can swim, that I will find my balance.

No comments: