Sunday, December 2, 2007

Day 84: 7 Altares

Broke with desires. We'd heard beautiful things about the jungle tour: walk through the jungle to the 7 altares, jump off the water fall into the fresh water pools, pay money you don't have. So we decided to take the voyage on ourselves. 3 hours, sea shells in pockets, and sun absorbed later we entered the jungle and walked barefoot along the slippery delicious stones. The water: refreshing, clear, and encouraging. We walked until we could jump. Looking at my friends, slightly afraid of heights, I wondered who would be the first to jump off the falls into the pool below. "I'll take your picture," Andrea said, as I peered over the edge. My response: "OK!," as I went flying into the perfect pool of clarity. I layed there floating, peering up at the trees opening up to the sky and everything just felt right. I'm a fish, what more can I say.

No comments: