Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Day 93: Bittersweetness

The runway is wet from the rain and it fits. I will not miss Cancun or the duty free store that sucked me to my last peso. But I will miss so much more. Even when it rains here it is still beautiful. But I can see Mike's words in my head, "enjoy your time and know you have much to look forward to when you return." And I do.

So I fly home alone, the 4 of us go our separate ways with no idea of what is to come, only the feeling that were ready. Even now, as the plane rolls along the runway, green surrounds. I have difficulty imagining the bare branches, the snow, the blue sky turned grey. And yet I am excited. Sometimes I don't know why, but I'll realize it soon enough.

A strange mixture of independence and loneliness. When it started I never imagined the ending and now that it's over I can't imagine what's next. One day at a time. Today I'll fly home. See 4 beautiful people. Organize my pics. Unpack my bag. Drink bourbon.

No comments: