Saturday, March 1, 2008

Jinotepe to Managua

Miriam's words fill my head. Everything is internal, we can change anything. Her calmness puts me at ease and her interaction with Angel fills me with joy. The whole family is beautiful and I am anxious to spend more time with their beauty, ideals, aura.

A couple of days in small towns- Masaya, Jinotepe. They are similar and uneventful. But it's the people that make the experience, that is who I learn and grow from.

We take a collectivo to Managua, the capitol, after making plans to return to Jinotepe the following weekend. It is strange here. We stay with a wonderful french couple. Giant walls, a gate, and a guard surround their property. And it feels like a palace. But Managua is strange and dirty. Random bits of modernity. The acute difference is strange and although the palace is lovely with its pool, multiple dining room tables, three course meals, I prefer the outside.

No comments: