Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Reflections

I feel so calm here. Even in shitty theft situations. The atmosphere is patient. And I appreciate the time spent with Andrea, we travel well and handle each other as well as possible. I enjoy the patience every day brings, the decisions or lack of decisions. I realize soon I will return to an environment of productivity, of rush and do and consume. Where spending the day planning what you will eat and then eating it is not normal. I also realize this lifestyle cannot go on forever, for important things will run dry: money, long lasting relationships (1 won't always be enough), mostly money. But I can look forward to returning. I can look forward to sharing my experience, the calmness which latin america is thick with. And I pine for a home. For relationships that last beyond 2 minutes or 3 days. For a throat infection cure that does not involve ass injections.

I want to take this feeling, this here and now, with me everywhere I go. I lost it last time, and I fear it will once again escape me over time. The sun helps. As does the city life.

No comments: