Thursday, October 4, 2007

Day 24: Delirious Princess

Every time I open my journal to write (also used as my Spanish notebook) I see all the Spanish, all the new knowledge, and all the words and structure I have yet to understand. No time to write. Just time to learn, learn, learn. I love to learn, and I can feel myself improving, slowly but surely.

After four hours of class, I find myself wandering through the street, around the same familiar loop. Looking for familiarity: in people, in food, in anything. My dislike for eating alone and my uneasiness for the language often leaves me hungry, weak, and slightly delirious. I find Internet. I try to study, but with no energy comes no brain. I wander the streets again. Find friends, food, and the learning once again continues.

We are currently staying in Marfil, about 20 minutes by bus outside of el Centro de Guanajuato. We sleep on the living room floor of a Ukrainian fashion designer named Aloana. It suits us well. Dinner is usually found through tamale vendors (27 cents/tamale), produce markets, and lunches big enough to keep us filled until manana.

No comments: