Monday, October 22, 2007

Day 43: The beauty of independence

After a ridiculous weekend of chaos I am back at school, have made friends within my hostel, am starting to feel comfortable communicating in spanish, and value this feeling of independence so much that I worry it will end too soon. I will leave this city I have come to love, travel once again with beautiful friends, learn new things, people, places, and lose a part of my independence.

Two of my amigos will arrive into D.F. on friday. From Mexico City we have plans to travel south: Puebla, Oaxaca City, and Mazunte, Oaxaca. Although I look forward to their visit and our adventures together, I crave self exploration and am just beginning to get that deeper understanding of myself, of inner love and peace. But the best part is simply knowing that the possibilities of my future are endless. It is enough to stretch a smile from ear to ear.

1 comment:

J-lo said...

You will never lose your independence no matter where you go or what you do. Carry it with you and wear it proudly.

The magic of independence is it can go anywhere and everywhere. It doesn't relate to just one location or one moment, it is a state of perpetual being. You have felt independence and will continue feeling it even at the point of reincarnation. Appreciate it, breathe it, bless it, and take it with you!