Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Dia 23: Motivated Itch

My torso is currently covered in little red bumps that itch, hurt, and make life very uncomfortable. However...

I am having a fantastic time! Yesterday I enrolled in classes and am now a student at Escuela Mexicana. I have four classes (2 grammar, 1 conversation, 1 vocab). The teachers there are all young college students that have a lot of patience for stupid Americans. I have two individuals in my classes that drive me and everyone else up the fucking wall, incidentally, they are both from California, and no, they do not know each other. Traveling in Mexico for three weeks has given me culture shock to Americans. argghhh. I will be studying at least until Friday, and most likely for another week. I've realized that the more I study the shorter my trip becomes ($$$), but it just feels so good to use my brain, to be challenged, and to be able to communicate with people. I believe it has been hibernating for about a year, but it is very excited to be out and about again, especially with the beautiful perfect weather.

Regarding my painful, itchy, torso...I went to see a real doctor yesterday. He put me on a stronger medication and prescribed for me a gel that made my body feel like it was actually burning. So umm...no more gel. But I think I might be getting better...only time will tell.

No comments: