Monday, October 1, 2007

Day 21: La Musica

Guanajuato helps me to take deep breaths. The city is booming with people, colors, and change. Although it is all very exciting, I prefer to seek relaxation. The breeze encourages me to lie down and stare at the sky. That, mixed with the antihistamines I'm on which make me drowsy and slightly delirious. Most people who know me, know that in addition to being a princess I am also delicate as a flower. So when the ink from the tattoo made me breakout in hives I was not so much surprised as I was itchy.

While my mind flutters through the clouds, the sound of Amolias violin keeps me grounded. I miss my piano. I miss making music and singing at the top of my lungs. I fear the confidence in my voice that developed shortly before I left will slowly disappear and I may lose my ability all together. I know none of this is true, but there is something creeping beneath my hives, beneath my skin, that wants to explode. It's through my whole body. My feet want to dance, my arms want to squeeze someone, and my head wants to explode.

We arrived here, in Guanajuato, today around 2pm. Tomorrow, I plan on finding a school and starting to study the language. We will be staying in this area for the next month until our amigos arrive. Where exactly? With who? Dunno. I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

No comments: