Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day 38: Farewell my friend

Death comes and questions everything I believe. Takes my glow and covers it with a rock. Reminds me of my life: what its been, what its seen, and everything its taken for granted. Tears are shed for a being so beautiful and strong with goals and visions farther than the mind can see.

And what was learned from him? It started with communication. Learning to speak with someone who kept so many thoughts and explosions inside, and learning to not speak and communicate with eyes and smiles, and then build a relationship, a trust. And look forward to the daily explosions on politics, apathetic students, moving forward, implementing changes.

And then it moved to learning how to turn passion into action, into voice and change. Taking every moment to make a difference, every opportunity to challenge thoughts, every experience a lesson learned. Using every bit of energy, he devoted himself to a justifiable cause, wrote papers 10 times as long as assigned, and still found time to socialize with friends, laugh, love, and share in the frustration of human kind.

And then I learned the importance of health. The importance of time. In fact, I learned it so well I saved my own health in the process by slowing down. He taught me the importance of peace, of love, of experiencing life and appreciating everything. And he taught me the horrors our actions can have on each other, how we are all connected to the environment.

But most of all, I felt the power of love, strength, and pushing forward. And that will stay with me forever. What a beautiful soul.

1 comment:

J-lo said...

I am amazed at what you wrote and shared. Absolutely some of the most beautiful words I've ever read.

I think he would be proud of the strength and love you project on a daily basis.